Are you a hoarder or a collector? Who cares! We can all agree on one thing: we LOVE traveler’s notebooks! I have come up with a list of things that you can do with your traveler’s notebook. If you have several TNs lying about, then I hope this list with help you to get those TNs busy. If you do not have that many TNs but would like to acquire some, then I hope this list will help you to plan and assign a job to your next TN in possession.
Here are 10 things you can do with your Traveler’s Notebook:
1. Planner. Ever since I moved my planner from Filofax to traveler’s notebook, my whole planning experience have changed. I used to use box standard inserts from Filofax and have never really thought about developing my own planning system. With a traveler’s notebook I have broaden my horizon and experimented with different layouts. I have found out that being in a traveler’s notebook makes me think creatively and come up with new ideas like the Lightning Dex. So now I have a fully functional planner system catered to my needs, and the best thing of all is, I created the inserts all by myself! If you want the inserts then click on the ‘Free Download’ header, where you will find all my printable inserts for free! Also, be sure to check out my YouTube channel where I make planner related videos every week.
2. Journal. I like to journal with words and I have always thought that was the case for most people until I found the traveler’s notebook community on YouTube and Instagram. I was speechless! I never thought journaling could be so much fun and carrying your journal in a TN is even better. When you journal in scrapbook format and use a lot of pictures and tip-ins, then the journal becomes very fat and heavy. The good news is that a traveler’s notebook inserts is only 40-60 pages long, so when the journal becomes heavy, you just have to swap the old insert for a new one. The journal inserts are very easy to archive because all the inserts are the same size, providing that you are using only one size for journaling.
3. Recipe Book. I feel like every family should have a recipe book with recipes that the family enjoys. I am in the process of making a recipe book. This is a fun project and what better way to do it than in a traveler’s notebook! I am thinking about categorising my recipes. For example, if I decide to keep 3 inserts in my recipe TN, then I will make one insert for everyday meals, one insert for Easter/Christmas/Holidays and another insert for baking goods. Categorising your inserts will help you find your recipes easily and it keeps all the recipes very organised!
4. College/University/Work Notebook. I love using a traveler’s notebook for my university notes. I love how I can customise my inserts for each subject. I love that I can make all the inserts myself at home so I never have to worry about running out of inserts while studying. Not to forget that the inserts are so easy to achieve in a neat stack. I will make a detailed YouTube video about my university traveler’s notebook and you guys can see how I use it exactly. I wish I knew about TNs at school, then I would have never skipped taking notes! I wrote an article ‘Not taking enough notes and how to overcome it!‘ where I mention that finding a notebook that excites you is very important. Since traveler’s notebooks excites me, I decided to use it for my note taking. This way I actually use the notebook and take notes.
5. Wallet. Umm YES PLEASE! Love love love the rustic look of a traveler’s notebook when used as a wallet. It is unique and a great conversation starter at the cash till. I like to use a micro size traveler’s notebook for my wallet and I have found inserts (for cheap) that makes the TN function really well as a wallet. I made a whole YouTube video showing the setup. Here is the video:
6. Family Information. Dedicate one traveler’s notebook with all your family informations. This can include anything from phone numbers to health information to clothe and shoe sizes. Make this notebook as a reference guide and organise it in such a way that your family members can easily find the information.
7. Home Binder. This traveler’s notebook can hold projects related to your home, organising a part of your house, repair works needed in your house etc. You can cut out room layouts from magazines and plan to redecorate a room in your house. I think I will benefit from a home binder when Aaron and I are going to buy our own house.
8. Finance Book. Having a family finance notebook will benefit the family to be more aware of money coming in and out. Budgeting is so important if your family is trying to save money for a bigger goal like buying a house. Don’t make the financial traveler’s notebook boring. Make it colourful and interesting. Have an entire insert for goals and your bucket list. Having all your financial goal in a list will help you to stay in track with your savings. The finance traveler’s notebook can also house information about your bills and rent/mortgage due. It is good to have all the money related information all in one TN.
9. Pet Notebook. If you own a pet then you can use a whole traveler’s notebook dedicated to your pet! Keep all the vaccine information and receipts from the vets. Make a note of the medication your pet is taking currently or have taken in the past. You can also keep a log of your pet’s weight if that is important for your pet’s health. All in all, a pets notebook is a great idea and an excellent excuse to use another traveler’s notebook!
10. Collection Book. If you have a hobby of collecting things then a traveler’s book could come handy. Section inserts for each collection and list them. For example, if I had to make a collection traveler’s notebook I would have an insert for nail polish, perfume, traveler’s notebook, books, pens, acrylic paint, washi tape and mugs. Listing all your collection will help you realise how much you own and want to get rid of things. You can keep your list updated all the time by adding items or crossing out items that you have sold or given away.
So there you have it! I hope you have enjoyed this article and have found some inspiration. Make sure to share this articles with your friends if you think they will benefit from it.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! See you soon!